Adoption and You
Why contact Adoptions of Wisconsin
Adoptions of Wisconsin (AOW) understands that an unplanned pregnancy can be an emotional experience. You can feel vulnerable as you explore your options. Contacting us does not mean you have decided to pursue an adoption plan. We are here to answer your questions and provide you with information and resources that will help you in your decision-making process.
· AOW is an independent agency that is not religiously affiliated.
· All communication with AOW is confidential because we understand and respect your desire for privacy.
· AOW’s birth parent services are always available at no cost to the birth parents.
How to contact Adoptions of Wisconsin
By phone: (608) 821-8220 or (866) ADOPTWI
During business hours, an AOW social worker would be available to talk to you. If your call goes to the AOW voicemail, you have two options:
1. Leave a message and a social worker will get back to you within 24 hours.
2. Call a social worker at the cell phone number provided in the voicemail.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
By Facebook: AOW Facebook page
An AOW social worker will respond within 24 hours by email or phone, your choice. We encourage you to use our confidential email. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of Facebook messages.
Meeting with an Adoptions of Wisconsin social worker
If you choose, an AOW social worker is happy to meet with you at our Madison office or any location where you feel comfortable to continue the conversation and help you make an informed decision. You are welcome to bring support people with you to the meeting.
We invite you to take the next step and contact Adoptions of Wisconsin to find out how we can serve you.
For more information about the adoption option for birth parents and prospective adoptive parents, visit our outreach page.
To learn about the legal aspects of adoption, read more at The Law Center S.C.