Happy Friday everyone! For our weekly foodie Friday recipe we’ve got an easy, delicious, filling strata recipe to help keep you full and warm this weekend.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 1 pound sausage
- 6 (1 ounce) slices bread
- cubed 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Slice the sausage and then evenly brown it in a pan, then drain the pan and set it to the side.
- Layer the bread, sausage, and cheese in a lightly greased 7×11 baking dish.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and mustard in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the layered ingredients in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with tinfoil and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours (it’s easiest to leave it overnight!)
- Take the dish out of the fridge 30 minutes before you plan on beginning to bake the dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, without any food stuck onto it. Remove the dish from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
And that’s it! This is a great recipe, because the instructions above are really just a baseline. This kind of recipe is perfect for adding leftovers to, and for helping you clear out your fridge while having a great, filling meal.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy! Once again, happy foodie Friday everyone.