Happy Friday everyone! Welcome back to our regular Foodie Friday post. Today we’ve got a recipe for Caprese Chicken Pasta that tastes delicious.
- half of a cup of balsamic vinegar
- quarter of a cup of sugar
- two tablespoons honey
- 11 ounces boneless & skinless chicken breast
- two teaspoons of Italian seasoning, divided
- one teaspoon of garlic powder
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper (the fresher the better!)
- four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces of cooked short pasta noodles (i.e., penne or spiral)
- one cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces of thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- Cooking your balsamic glaze: using a medium sized saucepan, add your balsamic vinegar, sugar, and honey and then use a whisk to combine them. Boil the mixture over medium to high heat. Reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and the volume is reduced by half. Transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool down.
- Cooking your pasta:have your pasta boiled before you begin cooking your chicken so that you can add it to a skillet in step 3.
- Cooking your chicken: in a large skillet over medium to high heat, warm up 2 tablespoons of oil. Once your oil is warmed up, add your chicken and cook fully. Once your chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
- Adding pasta to chicken: add your cooked pasta to the skillet and add 2 more tablespoons of oil. Season with your salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and stir until the seasonings are evenly mixed into your dish.
- Adding your veggies: stir in your halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet, and then cook until your pasta is hot and an even temperature. This shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
- Finishing up, cheese and chicken: add mozzarella and your cooked chicken that you set aside to the skillet, and then cover the skillet with a lid until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction. Remove the lid, and drizzle your balsamic glaze that you reduced earlier over the dish. Happy foodie friday, and enjoy your meal!