We at Adoptions of Wisconsin got our hands on some old cookbooks filled with recipes that have never been on the internet! Today for our Foodie Friday recipe we’re giving you Mrs. Len Johnson’s “Quick, Easy Bars,” published in the Wisconsin State Journal in 1977! Mrs. Johnson wanted these to be simple and delicious, for all of your friends and family to be able to enjoy!
Just in time for the holidays, please enjoy these great, easy to make treats. This recipe couldn’t be any simpler!
Quick, Easy Bars
- 42 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 package (12oz) chocolate chips
- chopped nuts, as desired
- line a 12 x 15″ cookie sheet with foil.
- grease foil with butter or oil
- layer whole soda crackers on top of foil
- in a saucepan, mix the butter and sugar
- boil saucepan for 3 minutes, stirring
- spoon or pour sugar-butter mixture over soda crackers
- bake in a hot (400 degree) oven for 5 minutes
- cool slightly
- frost by melting chocolate chips over top
- **feel free to add caramel too if that’s to your taste!
- spread and sprinkle with nuts
Enjoy! Thanks for this recipe go to Portage, Wisconsin’s own Mrs. Len Johnson